You and I may not fall into the richest people on earth,but still ,would you consider yourself satisfied with what you have? It went on revealed that a study has found that the richest people on earth are the “Most Unhappiest”.
Hey!!! Have you ever wondered ‘why’ even after you bought some items you have always wanted ,soon after,you find yourself wanting something else?? The question is”Why are we never satisfied with what we have ?
Along my own musings,here are some thoughts..
1. We have high expectations: We always have expectations. It is just the prediction of the future based on what we know and the past. Be clear about what you want,what you expect and the outcome.Expect the best but then,know that anything that happen is always for the best and if it doesn’t work out,there is always a bigger plan in place that we may not yet to be able to see that is even greater than the pictures in our minds..
2. We don’t appreciate what we have already: I always say this,what you dont appreciate will depreciate. Some people can never appreciate what they have until they lose it.What you have right now,could be what someone’s needs badly. Please,let’s appreciate what we have for it’s a rare gem.
3. We are not meant to be satisfied on earth: This is Pessimistic!….But I must say its really the fact. In economics,we were always told that human wants and desires are unlimited,, you know they are different !
4. Something out there is better than what we have: Yes! Most people never get satisfied with what they have with this main reason..They will be like::I must have what he has ,this and that.
Even if the current condition keeps on improving ,the desire to have more continues to grow.Hence,in order to feel satisfied,we got to have everything we are currently missing to the point that there is nothing we can need anymore. But let’s be realistic ,is this possible?
5. If we can remain satisfied ,we would never be motivated to do anything: Oh yes!!! If you look at innovations in the past,you’ll find a back story where someone wasn’t satisfied with something . I think that the desire for move is what keeps us moving forward.We all need something to strive for. And it is not necessary to be monetary. Hence,if you were truely satisfied with something, is it unlikely that you would be motivated to do more???.
Dear readers, let’s learn to love the things we have and we will have endless happiness …
Satisfaction comes only from given ,it’s a feelings and feelings are emotions .Emotions are energy not objects!!